Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Arrowheads

Rowan did a beautiful thing for me the other day. While going through all the boxes in the attic she came across a treasure from the small farm I grew up on. My mother had a box of arrowheads she had secreted away that she, her father and other family members had found when the fields were plowed up over the last couple hundred years. Rowan took these arrowheads and mounted them in a shadowbox so we could display them. It brings back so many memories from my childhood.

The story I received from my mother was that the beautiful little valley we lived in along Spring Creek in Lemont PA was a favorite camping spot for Indian tribes as they moved from place to place. Is it true? I don't know, but they sure lost a lot of arrowheads. This is only part of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment