Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wet Basements

The pots are still too wet. Not all of them, but a majority. I trimmed a little wetter than I wanted to and that seemed to work out OK, but I just can't assemble the goblets or pull handles yet. The rims are still too flexible. I got a few done, turned on a fan, pointed it away from the pieces just so air would flow in the room. I lightly covered the rest of the pieces and in the morning I plan on uncovering everything and turning on the dehumidifier so as I work through the dryer pieces the wetter pieces will start to stiffen become less flexible.

What I really want to do is get started throwing the next round of tankards and mugs, but everything must be done in it's own time.


1 comment:

  1. looks like we have opposite problems! i'm in a high desert area, it's so darn dry here i can often throw and trim in the same day. of course w/ my work schedule being what it is that is a real problem sometimes. can't remember how many pieces i've trashed because they were bone dry and not trimmed or anything. i also have a good collection of tumblers that didn't start out being tumblers lol.

    ReplyDelete