Total Pageviews

Monday, April 6, 2009

A new, at least recycled idea

Last night as I failing miserably to fall asleep..I was in and out of consciousness thinking about some bowls I need to create, I really like doing the carving on pieces, but often it isn't as dynamic and lively as I like it to be. So I thought last night about how I love to use the steve tool to make textures and stretch them out, watching the clay stress and stretch to accommodate the shape being forced onto it. So I envisioned making thick cylinders, doing my carving then stretching them down and into bowls with only a rib on the inside...they will have to be thick to stretch properly and when then are low and wide like a serving bowl they should actually be fairly thin. We'll see, I'm going to try it sometime this week..

No comments:

Post a Comment