Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 1, 2009

exhaustion

We finally finished glazing about an hour and a half ago.. 1:30AM. It has been a long day for sure. Working while sick is always like slogging through knee deep mud, but we did it.

The glaze I was worried about seems to be fine..the kiln we were waiting for to cool was absolutely gorgeous and included a few pieces I was exceptionally pleased with.

I've been revisiting some old techniques and trying to bring them into my current work and while much of it has been frustrating, I'm hitting on some results that are renewing my creative spirit.

Even at 3AM coughing my lungs up, I am excited about them. The mugs in the picture are a prime example. I am thrilled with them. Cone 6 electric fired ash glaze.

Yes. 3AM. I did go to bed..but the cough was severe and very dry and unproductive so after 1/2 hour of coughing, moaning, groaning and whining I got up and took a long steamy shower to loosen things up a bit as well as taking a cough suppressant. PLEASE let something work. I am better off now after the shower, but it could be a long and sleepless night unless my lungs give up trying to expell stuff that just isn't ready to go yet.

More tomorrow!









No comments:

Post a Comment